Friday, November 7, 2008

Laughter...

Is the best medicine for any good or bad day! (Thankfully, we have had a great day today!) Cakes is at the extremely entertaining age of 2 1/2 (always entertaining, not always funny!) As I am sitting here at the computer, reading another person's blog with a similar hardship that we faced a year ago and reading her testimony that glorifies God beyond belief and one that brings me to tears, I hear Cakes little feet walking down the steps.

I turn and ask her if she is done resting, and notice that she has no pants or diaper on!

I asked her why her diaper is off and why she is walking around naked...

"Oh, it so, so wet!" with her little froggy smile and raised eyebrows. "I throw it in the gawbage." Same smile.

Not sure why I laughed so hard, but it made my belly hurt. She continued and sat down on her little princess chair, "I not potty on da chair. Oh, I go potty on da toyet!" She got up went and sat on the toilet and just stared at me...nothing of course.

And just now, my little peanut ran upstairs to get a pair of new big girl undies (I am down to ONE diaper, so I told her she had to wear her undies even though she asks to wear a diaper until I get a new box) is sitting next to me eating Craisins saying, "Oh, I so so hungry, Momma!" (even though she had a snack of too many goldfish during her rest)

She is realizing "so so" means more than just plain old wet or plain old hungry.

Her little chatter can bring a smile, a giggle and a full out laugh to me...always.

No pictures to post...but I do have a lot of work ahead of me still! Had a great session with a beautiful friend and her family today. The kids were beyond exceptional, and we were able to get everything done before it started to rain. AND, another Cakes note, she had to go with me today, and you would have hardly guessed she was there...so well behaved, and I was so proud of her!

Stay tuned for some sneak peeks sometime this weekend! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOVED the Cakes story! Can't wait to give her lots of Grandma hugs and kisses!! :)
Love,
Grandma