Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Cakes Story

Yep, I am still up editing, and reading, and am going to be kicking myself tomorrow that I didn't go to bed before now! YIKES!

Just a quick story. Many of you know that Tom was out of town last week in Texas. He was in Big Bend National Park...way, way, way far away! He of course came home baring gifts. Beans got a T-shirt, which she loves, and Cakes got a stuffed animal. It is called a Javelina (Hav-a-Lee-na). It looks like a pig, but it isn't, and they are all over the southwest dessert...also known as Collard Peccary (we have a book about them...I am not knowledgable about these random animals!!!). Anyways, Cakes loves her Javelina. She ran around that night so excited shouting, "My Javelina!" but her pronounciation was a little off...being two, her "L's" are not so great! Out of her mouth she was yelling, "My Hav-a-Ween-a!" Now if you say it out loud, you should be laughing. Tom and I could barely contain ourselves. Thankfully, we use the anatomically correct names for body parts, so it meant nothing to her. She has crawled in bed with me the past 2 mornings, with her "jeesh" (blanket) and then announces, "my got my havaweena". Come on in baby girl!

Be sure to check out my post below, and also check out the new button on my right...7x7. It is a great blog that I have been following with a great way to pray scripture specifically for your kids. If you have time to read her blog, I promise it (God) will move you in ways you didn't think possible, and be prepared to have a box of tissues with you!

Alright, to bed I go! Have a great Wednesday!

1 comment:

Lindsay Wells said...

I read this and it still makes me laugh :) I love it though. You will have to tell me how to get music onto my blog I tried forever last night and it wasn't working so it is either me or my computer. Talk to you later.