Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving...

I most likely won't be on here tomorrow, so I am wishing all of you a wonderfully blessed Thanksgiving with friends and family! I love Thanksgiving, and am looking forward to relaxing with friends (this evening) family all day tomorrow, and other fun events the rest of the weekend.

I am thankful for so many things...right now I am thankful that I trusted my mom gut and took Beans to the doctor today. She has had lingering junk...cough and what not, and last night complained that her ear hurt. I scheduled the appointment first thing this morning before she was awake, and got both girls in for back to back appointments - Cakes has had the junk too...just not as long. So, when Beans got up this morning, I told her we were going to the doctor's and that we would have to put off our painting activity (Paint Your Masterpiece, we paint an ornament every year there) until next week, she told me her ear didn't hurt at all anymore. I struggled with the "Do I cancel, do we go?!?!?" I decided to go, and also flat out fibbed to her to get the tears to stop flowing down her face. I called Paint Your Masterpiece (really time and temperature), pretended to talk to someone and carried the conversation on out loud to this effect, "Hi, I was wondering if you were open today? Oh, you aren't, not at all? Okay, well are you open all next week? Great, we will come in next week to paint our ornaments." It stopped the tears. We went to the doctor, and sure enough she has an ear infection...flaming red...the doctor let me see it with my own eyes, comparing the good ear to the bad. Also saw wax, and was grossed out that doctor's look at that kind of junk daily! Anyways, Cakes is good, and was told what to use for her cough. $30 later and a script for the ear infection we are on our way to a healthier and hopefully less cranky Thanksgiving weekend!

Oh yes, have to add that I am BEYOND thankful that my husband has FOUR days off. This comes after some very long weeks, out of town, and late nights (8:45 the past two nights with starting at 7:00!!!!) He can totally use the break right now! And, right now as I type, he has been home for an hour and a half, and is vacuuming the steps (upstairs and basement) and doing other fun vacuuming activities...like de-cobwebbing the ceiling corners of the basement. Got to love a man who actually enjoys vacuuming! :)


And, since my sessions are slowing down, Miss A gets a few more peaks from her session...





This cracked me up...blowing her nose!



And, someone found a sucker...seriously found it...I think Mom was thankful it was at the end of the session...


The reward for the good girl...PLAYDOH!!!!


Again, enjoy the time with your families and friends!
Gobble, gobble! :)

No comments: