Saturday, December 13, 2008

Cans for Comments Update...

As a family today, we went and bought all the cans for the "cans for comments" posting below. It was wonderful. The girls picked out what they liked, and some that they didn't...(carrots and peas, because other kids would like those). I took some pictures, they are just still in the camera. Tom thought I was crazy to pull the camera out in the middle of the store, so he would ask what I needed and would walk and bring it back to the cart. He couldn't hide at the check out line when I pulled out the camera to take a picture of the cans on the conveyor belt. I am sure it embarrassed him. :)

I have a tug at my heart to give to others often, but especially this time of year. When I was younger, I can remember boxes of food being dropped at our porch anonymously, anonymous envelopes with money, receiving things that were so needed in times of need...like when my dad was off of work due to surgeries, or it being a rough financial time, or just flat out the need because of raising 9 kids on one hard working income. God always provided for us...always. So it was wonderful today to help explain to Beans just how important it is to give when we are able to give. The giving of food sunk in, she truly understood why they needed it. She also asked if we could give toys instead (we did that at the beginning of the month through Tom's work), and I told her that right now food was more important than toys. We need food to live, toys are for fun. She also noticed our church offering envelopes and asked what they were for. We explained that the money we have really isn't ours and that God has provided it for us, and that we need to give some back to Him. Her next question, proving that she is truly understanding, "If we give it back, how will we have money for our food?" Good question little lady..."He only asks for a small bit to give back to Him. The rest is for us to use to live with." No more questions...just a lot of thinking from my little lady. So all of this to say "Thanks" for all of the comments because not only did you help provide to our community, you also helped make a teachable moment more concrete for my little girl...who is growing before my eyes.

I do hope to get the pictures of the girls from the store posted some time soon. I will leave a few more of the cutie Miss C...she has had a lot of face time on here lately...due to the fact that she is my last session this year...and that she is so darn cute!!!! I am finishing the editing process of this session today...only a few orders are out and then I am officially on "maternity leave". Enjoy your day!

Laughing at her mom...






Love these next two in this finish...and her cute little smiles...


and I love the serious faces that she makes...I know the momma loves her smiles (which are too cute) but her serious "thinking of what to do next" expression is beyond adorable!

No comments: