Monday, May 26, 2008

Cakies is TWO!

Today is M's 2nd birthday!!! (Also referred to as Cakes and Cakies on this blog!) I can't believe that my baby is TWO already! I got all emotional over 4 with N, and this one is a big one also! It isn't that I want to stop her from growing, because I love seeing her personality develop, love watching her learn new things and LOVE the relationship she is developing with her sister. It just seems all too fast.

I tried talking with Cakes today and telling her about her "birth", but she wasn't interested. I think she is a little young to care about that yet, but I LOVE telling my girls about the day they were born. My little miracles! At 8:09am Miss M was delivered via c-section. I remember most things very clearly (drugs can fog some of it!). I remember her crying, and me asking if she was okay. My husband was sitting next to me reassuring me that all was okay, holding my hand, just as anxious as I was. I remember giving her the first kiss; I am selfish and I reserve the right to the first kiss. Thankfully my husband is a gem, and wouldn't steal it from me ever. M was so tiny, 7 lbs 11 oz. 20 1/8" long. So hard to believe that all the little spunk that is in her today started from that little tiny baby girl. My baby girl is getting big.

Here are some pictures...

From this (I spared you the gooey pictures!)

(Bean was still such a baby!)


To this...sweet little thing!



(Garden Party smelling her flowers!)
Have a great Memorial Day!

2 comments:

Tara Zornow, Southeast Michigan Photographer said...

Happy Birthday to your baby girl!

Jessica said...

Happy birthday!!! I love the nickname "Cakes." That is too precious!