Tuesday, October 14, 2008

My complaint...

Why in the world are the bird-sized-man-eating mosquitos still attacking and swarming in the middle of October like it is the middle of July? Seriously? I have at least 9 bites from my session yesterday, and the poor family that the session was with were TOTAL troopers to fight through the nastiness of them. Gross. And then tonight, as I was getting out of our van, we were under attack again! Hmmm...does frost help this? If so, I say bring on the snow! ;)

Finishing up the beautiful family session from last weekend, and am anxious to get those proofs out. I promise I will have some sneak peeks up from Sunday's family session soon. Not promising tomorrow, because I already promised my little Bean that we would spend all day playing, cleaning (yes, she likes to clean), riding bikes and just hanging out. I spent WAY too much time on the computer working today. I told Bean that I felt like I wasn't as good of a mommy as I could be today and that tomorrow will be better. I don't think it affected her too much because her response was, "Yeah, you should buy me those pink pants that I didn't get tonight, tomorrow." I explained to her that me not buying the pink pants isn't what I could have improved upon today, and told her that I missed her and wanted to spend some time with her and Cakes without the extra interruptions that we have had. The sweetness of a four year old. Both of my girlies are missing their daddy...we have had tears, tantrums and general wondering of when daddy will be home. This is the short trip to NYC...left early (4 am) this morning and is home LATE tomorrow night...so they won't see him until Wednesday evening. I am anticipating another day of the general blues tomorrow...another reason, I won't be "working" at all! Little do they know that the week long trip to TX will be coming in a couple of weeks. That should be fun...blah! I miss him too...

Off to bed shortly, I hope, and probably not back here until Wednesday afternoon. Have a great week!

No comments: