Friday, September 19, 2008

Two Successful Days...

***Warning***very long post...mostly so I have it on record, but please read if you would like!***

of preschool. Done, under our belt, and well on our way to the "new" schedule of life. I have been so "free" to schedule whatever, whenever, and have caught myself having to readjust sessions, or play dates due to preschool. All is really going well. :)

A few fun things that happened on the first day, Wednesday. We had an outfit all geared up to go, I think even a week ago. She was excited about it and it helped prepare her in getting ready for school and what to expect. Lo and behold, we found out Monday that Wednesday was a color day...and if they had something blue to wear, they were to wear blue. So, back to the drawing board on an outfit. I gave her a couple of shirt choices, but she picked the rest of the outfit out. She also wanted to wear these super cute black crocks, but they gave her blisters the day before, so they weren't going to work. She even tried to tough it out with some band aids, but couldn't do it. So, she picked her shoes too. AND, on top of all of her cuteness, she did her own ponytail, picked her own headband, wore lipstick and perfume. Talk about a girlie girl! :) Oh, she was so sweet!

She also wanted to wear one of my favorite necklaces for the day. That way "if she missed me, she could just rub the necklace and think of me." Is she not the sweetest?

So here are a few from the first official day...

At the top of the steps begging to wear some of my lipstick...

I love this picture. Cakes was very sad the afternoon of Beans first day. She started whimpering on our way out, and I figured she was just tired. When we got in the car, she was in a full out cry. I asked, "What is wrong?" Her response, "I miss Beans. I want to be with my Beans." Heart which was already breaking from leaving my little 4 year old, was now officially broken. Cakies cried until she fell asleep with me in my bed. Thankfully, when she woke up it was time to pick her up, so life was good. This little one is in for an adjustment as well!


Her backpack...And check out the non matching read headband...she is looking very patriotic! :)

This one makes me laugh. At school, waiting to go in, and you can see A-N-X-I-E-T-Y written all over her smile!


Check out her bracelet, in case she missed her favorite best friend cousin, necklace of mine (hidden under her shirt) and new ring...all to help her make it through the day. :)

One more story...maybe! The night before our first day, we read the book, The Kissing Hand. If you don't have this book, and you have little ones, it is a must! We started "Kissing Hands" a long time ago to help Beans and Cakes go to sleep while still being able to feel our kisses if they needed them. Kiss each palm, and when they need them, they put their hands on their cheeks to feel the kiss again. They are like "magic" and they don't ever go away...but do need refreshed every night. Well, I told Beans the night before that I could give her Kissing Hands at school, and I got shot down, "Nah, I will be okay." I looked at my husband, and he wanted to crack up, while I wanted to cry! Anyways, Wednesday I said goodbye to her in her classroom and I was getting ready to leave and she ran over to me. "I need kissing hands!" Um, it took all of my strength to not shed tears right then and there, and to not take her home with me right that second! So I gave her the kisses, a big hug and off we went. I asked later that day if she used them, "Well, no I didn't want anyone seeing what I was doing. Not even my teachers!" She did have to rub her necklace, just once, but I am happy to report that she didn't have to rub her necklace today!

Finally getting settled in...and she made a new friend. Today she reported that she really likes her new friend, and can't wait to see her again! :) Totally growing up before my eyes!


Home safe and sound...with a fun painting project. We got another project today...my refrigerator is going to be even more claustrophobic now that she is in "school"!

So there you have the day. If you stuck around to read all of this, well you are a trooper! I had a great session with too adorable kiddos today. I could go on and on about them, but once you find out they are my niece and nephew you would know I was biased! They were super sweet, and it was a fun activity for all of us this morning! I will try to get some of those cutie patooties posted this weekend! :) Have a great one!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great stories and pics.. makes me feel a part of it, even tho we are so far away... Thanks for sharing!
Love,
Mom