Friday, July 25, 2008

A few shots...

From our mini-vaca...


The view of the lake from the cottage...


Our first night there, before the first plunge! (don't mind my crazy hair!!!)

Two little ones headed out to the raft...


And one suddenly disappeared...Cakes was too nervous and bailed out at the beach.

Bean swimming like a champion.
Cakes, watching the action...

Big Boy was a major thing for my girls. I am not sure why, we have one here locally, but we never go to it. We rarely eat out, and when we do it is usually Red Robin because it is loud and we don't feel like our kids will disrupt. Anyways, Bean couldn't wait to get a picture with Big Boy after dinner. Here you have it!
Posing just like him...
I have more putt-putt shots of the girls. It was their first time ever putt putting, and they both had fun. I kicked tail (we weren't really keeping score, but I kept it in my head for just T and me!!!!! ;)

Bean took this picture. The only one of T and me from this trip.

I love this next picture. Cakes woke up quite a bit earlier than Beans did on Wednesday morning. I was sleeping in the bed with both girls (they were up at 5 am, and by me laying there, they were able to fall back to sleep.) So when Cakes woke up, I sent her in to get Daddy. They chatted for awhile, and then I heard them get up because they were going to go feed the fish. This is the two of them walking out to the water. Cakes is such a daddy's girl, and is a spitting image of him! (He doesn't take credit for her sassy-ness...he says something has to come from me!)She was very excited, but the fish didn't like our bread! ;)


I was bummed as I was looking through the pictures that I didn't get a single shot of ANY of us kayaking. It was Cakies first time kayaking, Bean kayaked all by herself, and we made several family kayak trips around the lake. The time that Bean kayaked by herself, T was swimming next to her and we got to about the middle of the lake. We had decided to go on a family "tour" and instead of kayaking back to shore to load in from there, T decided he could manage to get in, guaranteeing Bean that she wouldn't fall in. I laughed VERY hard through the whole thing, and T kept his promise, Beany didn't fall in, not even a little splash on her! (They were close to tipping several times though!!!)

Another picture I missed (not really my fault) was Beans first ride on the jet-ski. She had refused several times, and while I was out on the water on a jet-ski and my sister was out on the other one with my niece, she decided she could do it. I came in and she hopped on! She was a little nervous at first, but I forgot to have T take a picture of her...bummed! Guess we will just have to go back to make sure we get some pictures of both of the missed events. Cakies almost got brave enough to ride, but each time she was about to hop on she freaked out. I guess she is only 2! :)

Alright, so there are a few...still have putt putt, and a full day of swimming and playing to post. My sister and her family came up on Wednesday and it was tons of fun!
Off to celebrate my nephew's TWO YEAR birthday!!!!!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

GREAT pics and story... and, what a way for your hubby to relive some of his own fun childhood memories, now with his own babies! :) God bless Grandma O for having the forsight to purchase and maintain it all these years. She did it in memory of Grandpa O, who passed away way too soon, leaving 7 young children. She has always said he would have loved to have met all his "grands", and now "great grands". Thanks for sharing! Wishing you many more enjoyable times at "the lake"! :)

Anonymous said...

Those pictures are so cute!! I love the picture of T and cakes going to feed the fish so precious :) It looks like you had fun. Talk to you later.
-linds