Sunday, July 20, 2008

Baby "D"

I wish I could share Baby D's name because it is so cute and so unique, unique in the good kind of way, but I have a thing with putting names on the internet. So you will just have to be creative and try to figure it out yourself. Anyways, this little guy is 6 months old, and is the son of a friend that I used to play softball with in high school. I have had the priviledge of shooting her sister while pregnant and then her niece, Baby "S" as a newbie.

I was very excited to do this session. I would get to see T, meet her husband D, and visit with her parents. Mr. and Mrs. S (Baby D's Grandparents) have been around in my life for quite sometime, and cheered me on during volleyball days and softball days from the time I was in Jr. High through High School. He helped me land a coaching position (or two) during college. Mrs. S, is as sweet as pie, and would do anything you asked of her, even if it would kill her, I swear!

I was very nervous about the day, as if anyone from around here recalls, the clouds were threatening, some rain had passed through, so the ground was soaked, the light outside was great, but inside wouldn't have worked out so well. I would have postponed but T and D live out of town, and were here for the weekend staying with "the parents". We decided to give it a try, worse case scenario, it wouldn't work out.

I arrived at 9;30, and was greeted by D, in p.j.'s eating his breakfast. I loved it! I knew from that moment that this was going to be a fun session! Then I saw Baby D, and my heart melted. I think the first thing I said was, "He is such a pretty baby!". I don't know if pretty is the best word to describe a little boy, but nothing else came to my mind. He has the cutest hair, looks as though it is styled, soft smooth peachy cheeks, and BEAUTIFUL blue eyes. I am such a sucker for the baby blues!!!!

After some visiting, we went on out to get the session moving. As we were walking through the grass D warned of the dog bombs, so beware. We got a few shots in but Baby D was sleepy...very sleepy! He was not liking the camera, was not liking sitting, so we decided that I would come back after his nap. At this point, I was keeping my fingers crossed that the weather would hold out!

So, homeward bound. I am less than 5 minutes from Mr. and Mrs. S's home where the session was taking place, and I smelled something "funny". I couldn't put my finger quite on it...I smelled my shirt thinking maybe it was the culprit, and then something in my head reminded me that I was kneeling on the ground. Oh yes. That was it. I knelt in a dog bomb! To the washer with those babies!!! So, I walked in from the garage, which happens to be our laundry room, and stripped the pants off. I then walked into the kitchen to greet my sweeties and husband sitting at the kitchen table. Cakies looks at me and says, "Mom, where you pants? Where you pants go?" She was totally confused! I didn't quite process the fact that I needed to answer that question, and then my husband says, "Didn't go so well huh? Was the light bad? And, where are your pants?" While my husband is asking those questions, Cakes the whole time is repeating, "Where you pants?" Ah, yes, the dog poop! I don't think Cakies understood quite what that meant, but it was funny none the less! :) By the way, Beans didn't seem too phased by me just being in my shirt. That somewhat scares me...maybe I should start instilling a little more modesty in our household!

So, I headed back after nap, the storms held off, the light was wonderful, and minus the humidity, it was a perfect day for a session. Oh yes, and during the nap, Mrs. S had Mr. S out mowing the lawn to make sure it was perfect for the pictures! Like I said, she would do anything for anyone! The yard was beautiful, beautiful flowers with so many colors...and so far the processed images are beautiful.

This ended up being an ENORMOUS post, but it was such a fun day! I had a great time catching up with the whole family, and oh yea, I even got some pictures of their dog (small pony) with the family! I love this "job" and love that it just keeps getting better as I go along.

Thank you to all of you for your cooperation and excitement for the session. You were so much fun to work with, and I am so glad I had the opportunity to catch up in person!

So, here are the much awaited sneak peeks...shame on any of you who skipped this e-nor-mo post and came straight to the goodies!!! ;)




"First" Session of the day...and this was about the happiest he gave us!


And then there was this...



T's great idea...love it...



Super Smiles at Grandpa...



Sleepy again...he wasn't really sleeping, but I think being snuggled on the blanket and being worn out from "traveling" all over the yard for pictures made this blink extra long.
So those are just a few quick ones. I am off to eat a bowl of oatmeal...nothing wrong with a prego lady that is hungry at midnight right?!?!?! :)

No comments: