Saturday, January 2, 2010

One of his favorites...

...and also one of my favorite things he does. Butter loves to suck on the strings of sweatshirts. For the past several months, I have purposely picked out "outfits" (okay, not every day, but darn near) for myself that have strings. He loves to grab and chew on the ends of them. This particular sweatshirt, which I was wearing while taking this picture, has beads on the end. This one makes me a bit nervous, but I watch him closely and since he is normally on my lap while chewing away at the strings, he is well within reach! My sweatshirt strings have come in handy...they keep him occupied while diaper changing, entertained while grocery shopping, and quiet him when he is upset and just wants to be held. Yep, I do realize that it is pretty gross, but I love my little guy so much, and fortunately it doesn't gross me out! I apologize though to anyone who has held him and he has grabbed your strings...he truly loves them!

Getting closer to the big day...



1 comment:

Maggie said...

Man, look at those eyes! It may seem silly to some now, but his favorite thing right now is something you'll be so glad you have captured to remember when he's all grown up!