Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Birthday Shots...


Thanks to my baby sister, Kiersten for taking pictures for me, while I attended to Butter and the party. She did a fabo job!

Also a major thanks to my friend for making the cookies that you will see in the pictures! They were delicious, looked super cool...and I think she needs to do it as a business...she disagrees...at least for right now! :)

It was a laid back party which was blessed with family. Gbers had just started coming down with a cold (which by the way, led to an ear infection...his first...that we discovered on Monday at his "well" check). He was still in good spirit's and you can tell, he still enjoyed himself some cake!

Speaking of well check...he is doing quite well! He is measuring at the 25th percentile all around, so he is well balanced. He is the shortest of the three so far at this age...it will be interesting to see his growth over the next year. Cakies totally tapered off...even now she is just a peanut barely weighing in at 30 pounds...that is with clothes and shoes! I tell her that she will be in a 5 point harness until she is 16 at this rate! My older sister was a peanut like this! Beanie continued to grow and grow and she still hovers around that 90th percentile. She is solid and strong...very much the build I had growing up...peanut would not be the nickname described for me!

What do all of you out there do for birthdays? Big bashes, small intimate ones?!?!? I always love to hear what others do with events such as these. Tom reminded me as I was feeling like I needed to be doing more for his birthday party, that Butter won't remember a bit of this party...and really, it was more of a party for me. Indeed. It was a celebration of an amazing year that we were blessed with. I am always amazed that the love that I have for my little ones when they are born is intense, and that the intensity of that love can still grow. It grew. And it continues to grow.

I have some sledding shots from this same day/weekend, but didn't get to them tonight. You have that to look forward to though! Have a great week!


The cookies...mmmmmmm....






Welcoming guests as they came...well, just hanging in the hallway because the door kept opening!


"Opening" presents...love this expression...


...the bag was a big hit...



...so big...


...playing peek a boo...

Cake time...



The rainbow cake...




...before digging in...


...after seeing him dive in, we knew for sure he was an Armstrong...we love our sweets!!!!




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

GREAT pics! Love them! :)

Love,
Mom

Maggie said...

OMGosh! Those cookies are so cute; I wish I could decorate like that. And I love the cake too; great job.

G looks like he had a great time. He is such a cutie! Makes me really excited to see Little J at his party in a few weeks.

M

Diana said...

Love it!! Those cookies are to die for...tell your friend that I'll be her first customer!!! Does she do them on the side?

I know you've posted the recipe to the rainbow cake before - can I have it please?!

What a fun looking party!!