Monday, May 4, 2009

The Long Awaited Wedding Post...

****Warning: this post may seem a little haphazard, and a little long, so bear with it, and read what you would like from it! :)****

I decided tonight would be the night to post about the wedding. No reason in particular, I really just wanted to post some shots from it. Unfortunately, I left my camera in the hotel room on MANY of the occasions...like the bridal luncheon, the rehearsal dinner and the WEDDING itself!!!! So, I only had it with me at the reception...and even then, I had a little boy slung on me and was watching 2 little girls, so I didn't get to take quite as many as I would have liked. I didn't get all the details (but you can check them out here...Shelly Valentine...their photographer) that I wanted to, or even much of the beautiful bride up close, Aunt K, and got a one good one of Uncle J when Cakies was getting sleepy and she walked right up to him to grab a dance with him!

Our trip was wonderful. It was filled with spending time with Grandma and Grandpa (thanks for all of your help), meeting K's family, and catching up with my husband's "second" family...the Hite family is such a loving, fun family, and I am honored to be consider a part of it!

The trip was supposed to be a 7.5 hour straight drive, but with kiddos and stops, we made it in just under 9. And, it went so much better than anticipated. Little Man did pretty darn well, and only had to stop 2 times to eat. His feedings came at great times, because the girls were getting anxious to get out of the car a bit. Tom would take the girls into a restaurant to get some food, so "exercise" (dancing, spinning and marching) near our table. Little Man and I would feed in the car, stretch out, and then join the rest of the family inside. The ice cream stop was the biggest hit, even for Tom! :)

Our hotel room worked out great, with Grandma and Grandpa across the hall to help watch the kids. Tom and I got to GO OUT and enjoy ourselves with the bridal party the first night we were there. Friday, Tom golfed, and I spent most of the time chillin out with the girls and G and G. We swam, took a walk, and found a great children's museum CMOE'S. We visited the museum Saturday morning before the wedding. It was a great treat for the girls, and helped to keep them nice and busy! Of course, I forgot my camera...I have good excuses...getting three kids ready to go and out the door by myself (Tom was the best man so was gone doing best man "duties" most of the weekend) requires a lot of brain cells...so they were all used up and remembering the camera was last on my list! Oh, well...we weren't ever late anywhere!

The wedding itself was BEAUTIFUL! Their wasn't a detail left out, and it was absolutely gorgeous. Tear of course spilled from my eyes watching K walk down the aisle with her father, and then I would glance up at J, and see him beeming as he watched her walk down...it was beyond precious. They are a fabulous couple, and are perfect for each other. In fact the first time we met K, Tom and I both said to each other when they left that she was going to be the one. 2 years later...and she is!!!! K and J also asked me to do a reading in their wedding, and I couldn't have been more honored. At the rehearsal we went through when we (J's sister and I had back to back readings) were to walk up to the front of the church to do our reading. We were told that our readings would be up there for us, so we wouldn't need to bring ours up with us. So reading time came...walk to the front, and voila...my reading wasn't there. I shuffled the papers a couple of times and it really wasn't there. Hmmmmm. My stomach sort of dropped, and I looked over at J and K, and smiled, and then over to the priest and mouthed that it wasn't here. He promptly walked over, and checked...verifying to me that I wasn't totally crazy, and then he went and got a copy that was just around the corner. I so should have thrown D under the bus and read her reading, and then she would have gotten up there and would have been lost!!!! Everyone got a good laugh out of all of it!

***Warned you that this would be a bit all over!***

The reception was gorgeous, and one of my favorite parts was the candy bar...as soon as you walked in, there was all sorts of candy for your choosing...yummy!!!! Tom did a fantastic job with his speech, had people laughing, made some great points about J without ripping him (which I loved!) and I couldn't have been more proud of him.

All in all, it was a fabulous weekend. J and K had a complete fairytale wedding...every detail was complete...from luncheon's to rehearsal dinner, (Lynn, great work...it was beautiful, you gave a wonderful toast/speech, and your love for both J and K shone through) to the fun little activity bags with a home made coloring book about J and K (kudos to Lynn, again!), the flowers, centerpieces, table settings, favors, EVERYTHING! I seriousl could go on and on about it! But, it is now getting late, your retinas are probably burning (if you are still reading) and I want to post some pictures!


While J and K were greeting guests at the door of the reception hall, music was playing and ALL the little girls were out on the dance floor...barefoot...and shaking thier groove thang! :) Bean was a total serious dancer, and this is one of her serious faces, with a completely serious dance move...just imagine a little shaking going on with the arms in the air!

The all loved the lights on the floor with the intials of J and K...and loved dancing on them!


...one of my favorites.


Cakes with her own little groove...



A sleepy little Cakies with her Uncle J...Love this picture!


...then clinging to her daddy (love this one too!)...

My hands were free for a few minutes and I was able to catch a few of these fun moments! I spared K's sister, and didn't post any of the pictures where she was in handcuffs...it was cute! :)





...Another one I love...

On our way home. The girls were watching a video, and Maddie at least humored me with a smile, even though she wouldn't look at me!

My cute little guy snoozin' away!


Bean, not breaking her concentration from the screen...this is why I have to limit TV for her...she would seriously watch it all day if I let her. Ummmm, does that qualify for a TV junkie?? She may need rehab!
That is all for now! I have several sessions from this weekend and today that will be posted sometime soon!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love this, and the other posts... what a fun, FUN time we all had at the wedding.. it was a fairy tale! :)

Again, congrats to J&K.. can't wait to see your wedding pics.. let us know when you'll be up north, hopefully we can coordinate a trip up.. or... come on down to SW FL.. !! :)

Great job, Tara!

Love,
Mom

B-Mama said...

Congrats to J and his bride! Looks like it was a beautiful wedding! Go Olivet Lutheran Preschool!!!

T. Armstrong said...

B-Mama...you went to preschool with J??? Too cute...will have to let Lynn know...although she checks here all the time so she will see it and figure it out...and she will probably become a follower of your blog as well. Hope you are feeling a little better. I was thinking of you as I was out running tonight. :)