Friday, January 2, 2009

Happy New Year!

If I said 2009 rang in with a great celebration and festivities, I would be flat out lying. Instead, our somewhat pathetic selves did nothing! We stayed home, ate a delicious steak dinner, and had ice cream for dessert. It was fabulous! Bean and Cakes were in bed by 9:30, and although I didn't think we would make it, Tom and I did see the New Year ring in...and were in bed shortly there after. We researched video cameras on the internet for a good hour, and then I convinced Tom to look at lenses with me (that helped keep us awake)...oh how I want a few more to add to the collection! :) Of course we also looked at TV's, but that was all Tom..and, no we didn't make a single purchase. It was nice hanging out with each other and dreaming for a couple hours together though! Cakes woke up with a fever yesterday...darn...thought we were in the clear with sickness...she still is running one today, and gets quite cranky when her tylenol or motrin wear off. Oh well. That is life with kiddos!

Yesterday I spent a little bit of time looking through pics of my girls...like ones all the way back to JUNE...a little ridiculous I know, but I never really got to them. Thought I would post some from this summer...lake vacation, pond days, and just having fun in the sun. Maybe it will warm you up a bit thinking of the hot days and warm sunshine, on these cool days (okay, down right frigid days) we have been having.


Playing with our favorite neighbors, who have sadly moved...


My favorite tree in our front yard...



Slippin' Slide...
Beans didn't quite get this at the beginning of the summer, but was a total champ at it by the time the end of July came...


Isn't she so dang cute?


At the pond...in her beautiful headband that she would NOT leave home without. Lately, it has been an Ariel crown that she wears EVERYWHERE!!!! Love this expression and her beautiful blues!


Beans' hair gets so curly in the summer...


Our Lake Vacation...
love these of my niece



early morning feeding the fish...a little chilly...but warmer than today! ;)



C-man drinking his water...



Love this one of my Beanie Girl...

Best friends/cousins...watching the adults on the jet-ski's...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello Tara, I have to say I love reading your blog. Oh and also I am a bit bummed I had the kiddos pics done and was not so excited. We really missed you, but maybe next time. Your exciting New Years was similar to ours and, what do you know Miss Reese also has had a fever for 3 days. Anyways, I wanted to tell you congrats and best of luck. I cannot wait to find out what you are having, I have Stacy and Clints opinion. Good Luck...you are in our thought and prayer :)
Brooke