Sunday, March 30, 2008

Happy Birthday N!

Today was a fabulous day. Full of memories from four short years ago...memories that started four years ago yesterday, but continued until today with the birth of our oldest, N. She was beautiful from the beginning, and looking back, so much of her personality was shining through from day one - determined, independent but reserves the right to be shy, outgoing, expressive, sweet and tender. My sweet, sweet girl. Four years old. Where does the time truly go? I am so fortunate to be able to spend my days with her (and M), for I know these years will go fast and are so precious.

The party went well, and N had a blast. It was fun to kind of let her run the show for the night...when to eat, when to open presents, and when to eat cake...and then played like crazy with Aunts, Uncles, cousins, friends and neighbors.

And of course a picture...from my session with Lucas on Friday. I know why I prefer on location sessions..."Mom, can I be in it? Can I be in one NOW? Don't forget about our picture with Lucas." And, she didn't let me forget. I liked this one in black and white, but I think that both girls eyes sparkle in color. Yes, N is still in pj's and M would have been too, except that she stripped down to a onesie. N would stay in pj's all day, and sometimes does, can you blame her?

So, Happy Birthday Beans! I love you.