Friday, July 24, 2009

Is it seriously...

Thursday already? And actually, technically, it is seriously FRIDAY! (I started this last night) My week has flown by, and the weekend is here again! My apologies to the "T" family for the delay in sneak peeks! Thanks for your patience!

Last Saturday, I had the pleasure of capturing somewhat of a family reunion. An old friend that I used to work with when I was in college (my job to help pay some of my way) called last week and said that she was hoping to get a large family picture. Of course I told her that I have NEVER done a group so large, and I was a little intimidated, but she was a great encouragement, and I couldn't turn her down. So, the Queen and her Princes (6 to be exact) and their families with children and grandchildren met at Wildwood for a family session of sorts...26 in all!

The Queen took a look around at one point and said, "Hard to believe that I started all of this!" It was so fun to see. Especially being from a large family, I could envision how our families will grow and all the fun that is in store for us!

Anyways, it was quite the group. From an itty bitty one that was kickin' away in one mom's tummy, a little baby 9 months old (sorry if I am wrong on that...but that is what I thought I remembered!), some runners (you know the little ones that don't like to sit still), to bigger ones that just enjoyed hanging out, and then all of the adults. Busy. Fun. My first time with such a large group to photograph.

Now, if I gave out awards for the furthest traveled client, this group would receive it for sure! One of the brothers came all the way from, The Netherlands (Holland) from a quaint town called Alkmaar, about 20-30 miles from Amsterdam. (I quoted that from my friend!) Can you believe they came all the way here for a session with me??? Okay, so I know it was NOT really here for me, but it sure is fun to say that, and it sure is fun to know that I photographed a family from so far away from my home.

Fun morning. Great memories with a great family! Hope you all had a good time, and enjoy the sneak peeks!



Looking at the water and waiting for the whole clan to arrive...




Walking to our destination...that is the Queen all the way on the left.



Isn't this one sweet...


Some of the boys...


The whole group...(click on picture to see it larger)


Sweet.


The little ones from The Netherlands...love it...


The kiddos were treated with suckers after pictures were finished. They were so darn cute sitting and waiting for the adults to finish up. Love the expression of the little one second from the left! :)


Another busy weekend ahead. Hope you have a great one!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great pics! I am so glad it worked out for all of you to do this! What memoreis for the T family... ! Great job, all!
Love,
Mom/ ME

Maggie said...

Way to go Tara; that's definitely a feat to get so many faces looking and smiling!

Melissa said...

Wonderful pics and such a beautiful family! Great job! :)