Thursday, December 17, 2009

Two Weeks...

I have been a bit absent from blogging, this I know. I have been a bit absent in general it feels. Two weeks ago today, my brother in law and my beautiful sister at just 21 weeks pregnant, said goodbye to their precious baby girl, Lillian Christine. Never in my wildest dreams did I ever think that my sister would have to feel and share the pain of losing a little baby. The similarities of our situations are unreal, and I could go into great detail, but I just can't tonight. She birthed her sweet baby, and all who were there got to hold her in our arms. Yes, she was already with Jesus, but I feel blessed in holding her. I know I have many, many, many prayer warriors out there, so if you will continue to pray for her and her family it would mean the world to me.

My sister asked for me to bring my camera that day, and of course I did. I got several beautiful images of love...but I don't feel I can share them...at least not yet. I do want to remind you of the beautiful organization NILMDTS and ask that if you feel so compelled, send a donation. There are so many families that face such terrible loss and so many that benefit from this organization. I am not a "photographer" for them, but I am a supporter. I am on the edge as to whether I can really do this as a photographer...because it rips my heart to shreds...but I am hoping to apply and hoping to be accepted by them sometime in the near future.

I do have a beautiful family session to post. I have been doing it a little backwards compared to normal. I have been so adamant about getting sessions to clients quickly for Christmas cards and other reasons, that the blogging part has been coming after galleries are completed.

That is all for tonight. Hugs to all of you readers out there!

4 comments:

Maggie said...

Oh, sweet friend, my heart aches for you and your family. I have not felt such a loss, but I can imagine there is intense sorrow. I had no idea, but will certainly be praying for you all now.

And a little encouragement-you would be a blessing to the NILMDTS organization. Besides being a wonderful photographer, I'm sure you could offer comfort to those going through a difficult time. You may find some healing through it all as well.

You're in my thoughts! God bless you T!! Love, M

Diana said...

I am so sorry to hear about your sister's loss. My prayers are with her and her husband. I wish no one would have to experience that much pain :( God bless and merry Christmas!

T. Armstrong said...

Thanks Maggie...and thanks for the encouragement. :) I love our friendship...even if it has only been over the internet...someday we will meet, I know it! :)

Thanks Diana...you are a complete sweetie!

Merry Christmas!

Maggie said...

You betcha!